Human Resources are at the heart of Accenture, unleashing the power of talent in everything we do. We take pride in making a real impact on the careers and well-being of our people, and ensuring Accenture is one of the most inclusive and diverse organizations in the world. Join us as we pursue our ultimate ambition—to be the best place for the most highly specialized talent on the planet.
Corporate Functions— Be the engine that powers Accenture, a US$35 billion company that provides consulting, technology and outsourcing services to more than 40 industries–including 94 of the FORTUNE 100, and governments around the world. Our Corporate Functions offer the essential expertise that enables more than 459,000 employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference. Build a career at a company that can take you anywhere—join the Accenture Adventure.
• The role is of a Data Science Associate Manager (Career Level 8)
• Build and maintain data science assets that differentiate Accenture Research in the market (apps, interactive visualizations etc.)
• Help develop and write research proposals and market and sell the capability to clients internally.
• Collaborate in raising awareness and understanding of data science research tools and outputs in Accenture and Accenture Research (text analytics, sentiment analysis, data-wrangling, machine learning, web-scraping etc.).
• Interact and collaborate with economists and industry researchers to embed data science inputs into economic models and other research projects
• Assist in growing data science skills in the team, i.e. organizing learning activities, create x-pollination opportunities.
• Individual contributor role with no team management responsibilities
• This role will be based in Bangalore.
We are looking for someone who has a comprehensive skill set:
• Strong command of Python language + Data Science Ecosystem (Pandas, Scikit-learn, pytorch, TensorFlow, NumPy etc.)
• Solid understanding of cloud services, especially Google Cloud Platform
• Experience with developing and deploying web applications on the cloud with solid understanding of one or more of the following:
o Python Flask, Hug or similar frameworks
o HTML, CSS (Bootstrap, Material)
• Experience with agile software development.
• Analyze, interpret and make sense of complex data on various formats (text, numeric, image, etc.) and provide solutions to data challenges
• Incorporate business requirements into data science research design specifications.
• Develops data warehouse models and prepare reports for end users
• Curious, data fan with a strong research drive
• Solution oriented: Pragmatic approach to research problems
• Proven ability to work in teams and intercultural environments as well as flexibility to work with team mates in different time zones.
• Strong people developer/coach
• Entrepreneurial attitude. Creative and independent approach to research problems.
• Strong professional qualities: client focus, decisiveness, integrity and resilience to stress against stretch goals and deadlines.
• Strong, business-oriented communications skills (focus on actionable intelligence) and good interpersonal skills in one-to-one and team settings.
• A full-time post-graduate degree/qualification in Statistics/Economics with an undergraduate degree in Statistics/Economics.
• An undergraduate degree in computer science engineering
• Doctoral (PhD) candidates in Statistics/Machine Learning and meeting the above conditions are also welcome.