Do you want to join a next generation software engineering team in Chennai, India? Do you want to lead high-quality custom development using new technologies, DevOps, agile, industry standards and a Cloud/Mobile/API first approach? If so, this is a great opportunity to be part of a new and growing team, to build strong skills in the latest approaches, to learn strong software engineering techniques and to work with great people in a state of the art innovative environment.
We are passionate about learning, innovation and technology. We are positive, experimental and adaptable. We use lean processes and strive to continuously improve everything that we do. We strive for a work environment that is happy, collaborative and productive.
CIO is a global team that provides best in class technology and employee experiences to support Accenture’s high-performance workforce. Our team’s mission is to produce high quality software and to lead the way in how software engineering should be done. We bring cutting edge technologies and approaches together to deliver at scale across a global enterprise.
The team will be based at one of our Accenture offices in Chennai that will have everything, and everyone necessary to produce software meeting the shared goals to our stakeholders.
• Produce clean code and automated tests
• Design and develop high quality software services and features, working with architects and other team members
• Participate in, contribute to and continuously improve Agile software development processes
• Align with enterprise architecture frameworks and standards
• Work under the guidance of development managers or others to analyse, modify and implement various common business needs
• Research, assess and adopt new technologies as required
• Assist project managers with the development of detailed estimates and work plans and ensure that projects are delivered on time and that they meet clients’ and users’ business needs
• Strive for quality of performance, usability, reliability, maintainability and extensibility
• Conduct research, make recommendations and apply new technologies
• Support development effort estimation
• Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements
• Use analytical rigour to produce effective solutions to poorly-defined problems
• Implement unit, integration and other automated tests
• Computer Science (or similar) degree
• Solid background in custom software development
• Knowledge of Angular 4, Node.js
• Full stack understanding of web/mobile/API/database development concepts and patterns
• Ability to write clean code, think logically and solve problems
• Ability and passion to quickly learn and implement new technologies as required
NICE TO HAVE
• Understanding of DevOps, automation testing, test driven development, behaviour driven development, serverless or micro-services
• Experience with AWS cloud technologies (such as Lambda or DynamoDB)
• Understanding of Agile Scrum and SDLC principles