Are you interested in building intelligence systems from the ground up?
Are you interested in working with Big Data Engineers and Software Development Engineers to build large-scale data intelligence systems?
Are you interested to work in a team that positively impacts different key pillars of Amazon like Pricing, Promotions, Advertising, Auto inventory purchasing, Auto inventory removal, Inventory placement?
Are you interested in working for a team that builds cool systems yet has great work-life balance?
Profit intelligence systems measures, predicts true profit(/loss) for each item as a result of a specific shipment to an Amazon customer. Profit Intelligence is all about providing intelligent ways for Amazon to understand profitability across retail business. What are the hidden factors driving the growth or profitability across millions of shipments each day
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline with 5+ years professional experience in data engineering
- Extremely sound understanding in data engineering concepts
- Full cycle project experience and participation and leadership
- Strong problem solving and complexity analysis
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Proficiency in a Unix/Linux environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems – Spark, Hadoop, MPP databases
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Programming language experience a plus
- Agile experience a plus