It is a wonderful time to be an Android developer. The technology is evolving and exciting, new devices are popping up all over the place and there is a very high demand for developers. With hundreds of millions of users around the world, the possibilities for gainful employment seem endless.
Who is Android Developer?
Android developer is responsible for developing applications for device powered by the Android operating system. An Android developer must pay special attention to the application’s compatibility with multiple versions of Android and device types. They must also have a strong understanding of the patterns and practices that revolve around such a platform.
The mobile apps we use every day have changed the way we conduct business, the way we communicate and consume entertainment, the way we learn things about the world. Mobile app development sounded like one of the coolest job industries of the moment.
Lets see roles and responsibilities to become a Good Android Developer
Roles and Responsibilities
- To maintain the code quality, organization, and automatization
- Strong understanding of Android Activity life cycle, Services, Broadcast, Content Provider, SQLite DB, Thread handling etc.
- Work with the development team consisting of architects, UI designers, product managers, testers to deliver high quality mobile product & services
- Develop, test and rollout optimised UIs for diff versions/device
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Build for multi device & multi platform scenario i.e mobile website along with mobile app
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the application
- Adaptability is a key factor to becoming a great Android app developer
- Identify the bugs ,correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
But this list should be a good starting point!
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- An Android app developer must be well-versed with Java programming language.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Having knowledge about offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration