91.Is there anyway to determine if an Intent passed into a BroadcastReceiver’s on Receive is the result of a sticky Broadcast Intent, or if it was just sent?
When you call registerReceiver( ) for that action — even with a null BroadcastReceiver — you get the Intent that was last broadcast for that action. Hence, you can use this to find the state of the battery without necessarily registering for all future state changes in the battery.
92.How to Translate in android?
The Google translator translates the data of one language into another language by using XMPP to transmit data. You can type the message in English and select the language which is understood by the citizens of the country in order to reach the message to the citizens.
93.Can an application be started on power up?
Yes, application can be started on power up.
94.What is the TTL (Time to Live)? Why is it required?
TTL is a value in data packet of Internet Protocol. It communicates to the network router whether or not the packet should be in the network for too long or discarded. Usually, data packets might not be transmitted to their intended destination within a stipulated period of time. The TTL value is set by a system default value which is an 8 -bit binary digit field in the header of the packet. The purpose of TTL is, it would specify certain time limit in seconds, for transmitting the packet header. When the time is exhausted, the packet would be discarded. Each router receives the subtracts our when the packet is discarded, and when it becomes zero, the router tests the discarded packets and sends a message, Internet Control Protocol message back to the originating host.
95.What is APK format?
The APK file is compressed AndroidManifest.xml file with extension .apk, Which have application code (.dex files), resource files, and other files which is compressed into single .apk file.
96.What are the advantages of Android?
The following are the advantages of Android:
* The customer will be benefited from wide range of mobile applications to choose, since the monopoly of wireless carriers like Orange and AT&T will be broken by Google Android.
* Features like weather details, live RSS feeds, opening screen, icon on the opening screen can be customized innovative products like the location -aware services, location of a nearby convenience store etc., are some of the additive facilities in Android.
97.What is Xmpp used for?
Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) is a communications protocol for message-oriented middleware based on XML (Extensible Markup Language).
98.List the Type of Android Application?
There is 4 type categories in Android application:
- Foreground : An application that’s useful only when it’s in the foreground and is effectively suspended when it’s not visible. Games and Map mashups are common example.
- Background : An application with limited interaction that, apart from when being configured , spends most of its lifetime hidden. Examples include call screening applications and SMS auto-responders.
- Intermittent : Expects some interactivity but does most of its work in the background. often these applications will be set up and then run silently, notifying users when appropriate. A common example would be a media player.
- Widget : Some Application are represented only as a home-screen widget.
99.What is the generic in Java?
Generics are a facility of generic programming that were added to the Java programming language in 2004 within the official version J2SE 5.0. They were designed to extend Java’s type system to allow “a type or method to operate on objects of various types while providing compile-time type safety.”
100.What are the Android Development Tools?
The Android SDK and Virtual Device Manager Used to create and mange Android Virtual Device (AVD) and SDK packages.
The Android Emulator An implementation of the android virtual machine designed to run within a virtual device on your development computer. Use the emulator to test and debug your android applications.
Dalvik Debug Monitoring Service (DDMS) use the DDMS perspective to monitor and control the dalvik virtual machines on which your debugging your application.
Android Asset Packaging Tool (AAPT) constructs the distributable Android packges files (.apk).
Android Debug Bridge (ADB) A client- server application that provides a link to a running emulator.It lets you copy files, Install complied application packges(.apk) and run shall commands.