Software Developer (UI) – 23193
Technology and Engineering – India Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job Title: Software Developer (UI)
Job Location: Chennai, India
As a Nielsen Software Developer, you will be responsible for analyzing, developing, testing, and
supporting highly complex application software. The position requires expertise in current Web and UI
technologies, and competency to work on the most complex projects. This position works on broad,
highly-visible, strategic software development projects in an extremely complex and evolving technical
and the business environment.
- Designs, analyzes, and documents software applications across multiple project teams and applications:
- Investigates and analyzes verbal and written requests for application software, interpreting application requirements to construct highly complex applications.
- Writes technical documentation for routines and applications, facilitating their maintenance.
- Constructs, tests, installs, and maintains software applications:
- Develops highly complex software code, which is maintainable, easy to use, and satisfies application requirements.
- Develops and executes application test plans, analyzes test results, and makes appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as specified.
- Contributes to the planning for acceptance testing and implementation of new software, performing supporting activities to ensure that customers have the information and assistance they need for a successful implementation.
- Provides support to internal users and support staff:
- Investigates application incidents for missing or incorrect functionality.
- Assesses incident resolution and estimates application changes.
- Applies resolutions, leading to timely, error free revisions in applications.
- Researches, assesses and facilitates the adoption of new technologies
- Performs configuration management tasks:
- Ensures application software components are archived in common repositories according to IT standards with appropriate documentation that reflects the progression from development to implementation.
- Works with and in some instances provides work direction to our vendor partners
- Other duties as assigned