Auxo Labs is a venture capital-funded company founded in 2014 with innovation and a keen desire to provide flawless customer-centric service as our primary inspiration. Developing cutting-edge software products is our forte, which is adequately complemented by meticulous research that enables us to incorporate the latest in technology into our products. Our product offerings primarily serve our US & UK clientele, and we look forward to spread our wings further for a global presence.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understanding the business purpose of a requirement; defining and analysing possible alternative ways of satisfying the business purpose of said requirements;
- Working directly with the team as necessary, to clarify requirements and further define the details of how a feature should be implemented;
- Application of product development best practices; Attention to detail;
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies;
- Producing clean, efficient code based on specifications; Integrate software components and third-party programs;
- Fixing and improving existing software; Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude;
- Planning and estimating development tasks with other developers;
- Providing guidance to other developers, as necessary, who are engaged in development tasks associated with a requirement;
- Collaborating closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to;
- Take responsibility for the work you do; prioritise your work to maximise value, taking into account risk, effort and dependencies;
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting;
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong software architecture and development skill – 2+ years experience in Java, Scala, Spark, Hadoop, Neo4J, MongoDB, Titan DB, Cassandra
- Ability to understand research papers and convert algorithms to functional code.
- Experience developing backend systems involving NoSQL databases and Graph Databases.
- Experience and familiarity with the concepts of threading, concurrent execution methodologies including monads.
- Polyglot programmer: Hands-on experience with multiple languages, must have Java experience.
- Familiarity with concepts of finite state machines.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies;
- Ability to deploy systems involving the above in a production scale system.
- Experience with containerised deployments using Docker, Ansible etc (Desired)
- Experience in storing, curating, and querying large sets of data.
- Experience with distributed systems(Desired)
- Excellent communication skills