Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology.
Our Search Services team builds and operates two Amazon Web Services (Amazon Elasticsearch and Amazon CloudSearch) that enable customers to easily search large data sets at high speeds. Customers simply provision a search domain, add data, and send queries, providing an easy-to-use search across the globe.
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
· 10+ years software development experience in Java and Python
· 7+ years experience in distributed systems design and large-scale data processing
· 5+ years of experience as a people manager
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science
· Experience using Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, etc.)
· Experience with Elasticsearch
· Focus on customer experience and satisfaction