Role: Application Developer
• Take ownership of PureCloud Content Management and Response Management microservices and web applications, ensuring continued reliability, scalability, and adherence to security and privacy laws.
• Coordinate work effort across globally distributed Genesys offices.
• Work with stakeholders to refine requirements for product features and enhancements.
• Oversee progress of development work (features, bug fixes, tech debt reduction), ensuring a steady cadence of delivering quality, well-tested software to production.
• Be a mentor to other team members and provide timely performance feedback.
• Ensure service architecture and dependencies documentation remains updated.
• Ensure production issues and outages are resolved with a sense of urgency.
• Run daily scrums, backlog grooming, and sprint retrospective meetings.
• Participate in rotating on-call support schedule.
• Understand & comply with PCI, GDPR, and HIPAA.
• Adhere to Genesys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
• 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a development team.
• Thorough understanding of the agile software development methodology.
• Experience architecting solutions in a collaborative environment.
• Experience with the full application lifecycle from development through deployment and support.
• Demonstrable understanding of scalability and availability in distributed systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related work experience.
• Effective written and verbal communicator.
• Experience working with remote engineering teams is preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills are a must.
• Java development ecosystem, including Maven and frameworks such as Spring Boot.
• Familiarity with AWS offerings (S3, DynamoDB, SQS, EC2).
• Experience with Elasticsearch, Kafka, Apache Hadoop is a plus.