We are looking for talented developers with sharp analytic minds to help build on our computationally intensive cloud architecture and distributed batched clustering system. The Software Engineer will work with a group of engineers to maintain and build enterprise cloud big data and microservice-based solutions for a portfolio of products across Genesys and other third-party integrations.
What You’ll Do
- Build, enhance, monitor and maintain cloud microservice and big data solutions that are shared across our organization’s portfolio
- Develop in a continuous integration environment. Quality and accuracy in our results are crucial to our success.
- Develop and implement solutions using different functional/object oriented/scripting programming languages.
- Assess features and enhancements and communicate questions/concerns
- Develop heavily algorithmic or AI/Machine Learning based solutions
- Identifies, troubleshoots and debugs defects in designated code and in production environments
- Will work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelors. in Computer Science or related technical field
- At least 3+ year experience working on a cloud architecture
- Expertise in JVM and one or more languages (Java, Clojure, Kotlin)
- Familiarity with AWS offerings (at the minimum S3, DynamoDB, EC2)
- Strong analytical, creative and critical thinking skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of management, staff and customers.
- Knowledge of functional/scripting languages, especially Clojure/Python/R
- Background in Math, Operations Research, Statistics or Machine Learning is a big plus.
- Experience working within the contact center industry is a plus.
- Experience with Apache Hadoop, Kafka or Spark is a plus.
- Communicates regularly with peers and management
- Uses computer consistently