Gigamon, India is currently looking for Technical Architect to join our growing R&D organization. The candidate should have an extensive experience in Java web-based application development. Responsible to build the highly scalable & robust enterprise applications and provide the technical guidance to the team. Suitable candidate should have strong technical background with solution skills in Java/J2EE. We are looking for dynamic, talented persons who are ready for a challenge where teamwork, technical ability, and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Experience designing and implementing networking / EMS / NMS solutions with high optimization and performance
- Architecture and Design after considering multiple potential approaches and help the team to Architect and Design the robust applications
- Plan, Design and solution the complex business modules/scenario and translate the client’s business requirements into systems design.
- Assist to address problems by coordinating with different teams and stakeholders and provide Technical Solutions, Proof of Concepts.
- Evaluate and select appropriate software, hardware & suggest integration methods Utilize deep understanding of Java solutions to make appropriate decisions.
- Should able to pick up the complex modules or new technologies and provide the framework for the team
- Good in design patterns, able to review the code and provide the recommendations on coding style and best practices.
- Good experience in Code review process by following functional, non-functional requirement and ensure consistent code quality.
- Based on the requirements, should able to quickly come up with proof of concepts for critical modules/new frameworks
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Establish high, mid and micro level plans, and estimates for project teams.
- Implement Java architecture, visualization and development processes.
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry and enterprise-wide trends.
Skills and Competencies
- 15+ years of strong Web technology development experience and minimum 2 years of experience as an Architect
- Strong Architecture and Design experience in Java/J2EE technologies
- Strong proficiency in Core JAVA, J2EE, JMS, Webservices
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture concepts and products
- Strong Proficiency in frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot, Web, Data access module or ORM framework such as Hibernate
- Experience with designing and implementing RESTful Web Services and Micro-services design principle using Spring Boot or a similar framework.
- Good understanding of RDBMS concepts, entity modeling and SQL query.
- Strong proficiency in one or more of the following Database technologies (Mongo DB, Elastic, Postgres, HBase, Open TSDB).
- Strong proficiency in HTML5 and Knowledge in any of Web message frameworks like Rabbit MQ
- Experience with Source/Version control systems like GIT and project tracking tool JIRA.
- Exposure to build and release process and tool. (i.e. Maven, Docker etc)
- Good knowledge on Unit test frameworks like Junit. Hands on experience of unit and integration tests to demonstrate robustness of delivered work.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools (DevOps) is a Plus
- Experience in executing projects in a distributed development model
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal & presentation/facilitation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge about disruptive networking technologies like SDN / NFV is a big advantage
- Working knowledge of vSphere API; vCenter and ESXi experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of Open stack, Amazon EC2 and other cloud platforms and environments is a plus