Role: Application Developer
● Manage and maintain the VeloCloud global service infrastructure to maintain SLA and ensure maximum possible service availability
● Monitoring key performance indicators of the global infrastructure
● Fault handling and escalation: Identifying and responding to faults on systems and networks, liaising with 3rd party suppliers, handling escalation through to resolution
● Respond to service outages and security incidents and publish a RCA
● Infrastructure maintenance: Upgrading of Linux based network devices, Web based management software.
● Service maintenance: Upgrade of service components, software repository and patch management
● Assist with customer provisioning where infrastructure items need to be provided
● Provide support to escalations from support and other technical teams
● Create Ansible Automation playbooks to automate routine manual tasks
● Coordinate facilities provisioning: Rack installation, Connecting power, Circuit installation and server provisioning
● Participate in on-call schedules to ensure round-the-clock coverage
● Minimum 8 years of experience in a high-volume or critical 24x7x365 production service environment
● Proficient with Linux, experience with DevOps tools (Configuration Management tool – Ansible, puppet etc – Ansible is preferred)
● Experience with Virtualization technology like VMware, KVM hypervisors to deliver performance services.
● Experience with Amazon AWS cloud platform
● Experience with storage systems in the context of a hypervisor deployment
● Admin level understanding of Ubuntu, CentOS & Fedora Linux OS
● Knowledge in networking and Understanding purpose of firewalls, VPN and SSL technologies
● Experience with MySQL administration.
● Experience with monitoring applications like Monit, Nagios and Cacti
● Creating automation scripts with Python, Bash
● Understanding about Log analysis tool (Elasticsearch/ Kibana / Logstash – ELK)
● Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to establish rapport and credibility and clearly articulate problem statements
● BS/BE/Masters in Computer Science from IIT/NIT/Tier1-2 colleges
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail.
● Desire to work in an exciting environment, working on interesting projects and delivering new technologies and products to the marketplace.
● Hard-working with a “whatever it takes” attitude.
● Able to demonstrate effective teamwork both within the immediate team and across teams.
● Excellent communication (written & spoken) skills.