Job ID #: JR40400
Functional Area: Information Technology
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Desired: Bachelors Degree or equivalent
Primary Location: IN-Bangalore-Bangalore 2nd, 3rd & 6th Floor, Tower 3-F794
Provide technical expertise and architectural solutions in infrastructure, hardware, hosting
service and network areas with extensive experience designing, integrating and managing
complex infrastructure solutions.
• Responsible for designing and implementing the infrastructure that will adequately support
the banking and payments requirements of FIS clients.
• Analyzes system requirements and defines system architecture that will meet business
needs, including server infrastructure, capacity planning, security, storage requirements, and
• Acts as expert for infrastructure teams in the proposal, planning, design, and delivery phases
of FIS IT solutions.
• Advises sales and implementation teams on IT technology standard requirements, solutions,
methodology and processes.
• Drives short & long term architecture strategy for the overall IT project portfolio for FIS clients
as well as internal FIS IT Operational team.
• Hands-on capability to participate in proof of concepts to assist in installing and configuring
FIS products and defining technology infrastructure direction to support client requirements.
• Hands-on capability to define infrastructure SLAs and participate in performance/capacity
and failover testing on FIS products to support client requirements.
• Communicates and validates technical architectures with infrastructure teams, project
management teams, and technology services management teams.
• Conducts end-to-end technical plan design.
• Develops enterprise standards to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-vendor
• Design and develop infrastructure blueprints for the implementation of new solutions.
• Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new
• Develops specifications for interfaces from existing to new systems.
• Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations
• Provide third level support for incidents and problems in designated areas of expertise.
• Communicate and collaborate with internal FIS staff as well as vendors for configuration and
• Consult project teams to fit infrastructure architecture assignments and identify need to
modify infrastructure architecture to attain project requirements.
• Evaluate technology, market trends and industry plus identify prospective impact on
• Required at least Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Compuetr Science or related
field, master is a plus.
• Microsoft and/or IBM and/or HP certified engineer
• 10+ years’ experience in a production IT environment managing enterprise IT infrastructure,
hardware, hosting service and network areas.
• Ability to write network and systems architectural design documents or review design
documents provided by others.
• Hands On experience with installation and management of hardware, operating system and
cloud based technologies (preferably Azure and AWS)
• Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply
trends to architectural needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have a thorough knowledge of the vendor hardware platforms and their configuration,
Windows, Linux and Unix Operating Systems, Domains, Active Directory and its concepts,
and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data center, and
application software, Mainframe knowledge is a plus.
• Strong working knowledge of VMware or other virtual software.
• Deep understanding of TCP, IP and other network protocols. Familiarity with DNS, DHCP and
other network services.
• Knowledge of Cisco network or similar network vendor technologies.
• Knowledge of managing a data center in terms of systems monitoring, capacity planning and
• Strong ability to communicate well in English orally and in writing (Thai, Chinese is a plus)
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced, evolving environment and appropriately prioritize tasks,
and keep abreast of the latest technology.
• Capability to work with people in different time zones