Job Title: Big Data Engineer
Job Category: Developer
Job Code: BT/CHE/022
Over all Experience: 3-5 yrs
Location: Chennai, India
- Will be responsible for overall Product Development life cycle
- Will be responsible to develop, maintain, test, and evaluate big data solutions
- Analyse requirements, perform impact analysis, design and develop POC and products.
- Building data processing systems with Hadoop and Hive using Java or Python
- Perform coding to technical specifications, Document Users’ Guide and Systems Manual
- Keep abreast of technological advancement, emerging standards and new software or hardware solutions that may affect decisions on systems building or enhancements
- Any other duties that is specific to the project
Education and Experience Requirement
- BE / BTech graduates / MCA / or M Sc (CS or IT) from reputed institutes.
- Minimum of 3+ years relevant software development work experience
- At least 1-2 years Apache Spark experience.
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing data ingestion and transformation for big data platforms. (Spark, Sqoop, Kafka, Flume, Oozie, Zookeeper etc.)
- Production experience working with Hadoop implementations ( preferably multiple distributions like Cloudera / Hortonworks /AWS EMR etc )
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing big data services and service-oriented architecture (SOA) solutions is a must
- Proven track record designing highly parallelized data ingestion and transformation jobs in Spark including Spark Streaming.
- Knowledge of Java & or Scala and how they are used in big data projects.
- Ability to design the big data architecture based on the requirement
- Exposure to / working on cloud environment (Amazon / Oracle / Google etc ) Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Experience in cluster set-up, configuration and maintenance would be an added advantag
Salary: Best in the industry