We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us shape the future of education. With nearly 20,000 organizational customers and millions of student users, Blackboard is the world’s leading education technology company with the industry’s most comprehensive student-success solutions. Our mission is to partner with the global education community to enable student and institutional success by leveraging innovative technologies and services.
This role focuses on our Mobile application, which allows students to access the power of Blackboard’s solutions anytime, anywhere. You’ll help with building this student-specific mobile app that gives learners the information they want, the connections they crave, and the personalization they demand, on the go.
Blackboard’s Mobile Development team is revolutionizing the role of mobile technology in education. This team has made a tradition of producing multiple pioneering applications that change the way students and teachers approach education. A shared love of using and making great apps brings together this group of motivated, talented people.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the teams and our solutions and products. You will support and maintain our infrastructure as well as support production. Additionally, you will collaborate with IT Operations and create and maintain monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Has experience in DevOps and CI/CD
- Has a deep understanding of production deployments
- Has experience with Build Engineering and Configuration Management
- Has experience in the design and implementation of fully automated Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Is proficient with CI/CD automation with tools like Jenkins, Docker, Mesos, etc.
- Has a deep understanding of operating systems, especially Linux
- Has knowledge of scripting in Shell, Ruby, Python, Groovy, etc.
- Has experience with AWS
- Has experience with automation tools like Chef- Puppet is a plus
The Team & Office:
Blackboard has an office in one of the biggest cultural, economic, and educational centers in South India: Chennai.
- Easy drive to Marina Beach along the Bay of Bengal
- Kapaleeshwarar Templ, and DakshinaChitra museum nearby
- Accessible via the Rattha Tech Tower, Kumaran Kudi, and D. B. Jain College bus stations
- Office provides lunch Tuesday-Thursday, and there are several nearby places to grab a bite to eat including Ghuma Ghumalu Restaurant, Sangeetha Veg Restaurant, and 747 Themed Restaurant
- Library, game room, and quiet room perfect for taking work breaks