5G will give operators the possibility to improve their existing consumer business, address previously untapped value chains and open up new opportunities in new ecosystems. At Ericsson, we combine human intelligence – developed over 140 years of communications networking experience – with machine learning and AI to amplify 5G’s disruptive capabilities and drive industry transformation.
Ericsson’s Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) is a global team of talented data scientists, data engineers and business translators, chartered to accelerate the transformational journey for our customers and their customers. As part of this team, you will co-create – with our technologists, engineers and operators around the world – to build revolutionary solutions and models that drive economic growth in the real world.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Conduct functional and technical analysis within Ericsson organization and strategic customers to understand MI-driven business needs and opportunities
- Contribute to rapid and iterative development of high quality ML/AI applications. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical model, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems
- Conduct studies and find creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones, as needed.
- Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Ericsson Businesses to industrialize machine learning models and solutions as part of Ericsson offerings including providing source code, workflows and documents
- Work with new technologies and champion them in MI Communities within Ericsson.
- Assist MI Competence build-up in Ericsson Businesses and Customer Serving Units
- Help to develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives
- Engage with external ecosystem (academia, technology leaders, open source etc.) to develop the skills and technology portfolio for MI’s needs
- Strong skills in Machine Learning especially techniques such as Linear/Logistic Regression, Bagging, Bayesian model, Neural Networks, Random forest, Gradient boosting, Hyperparameter optimization techniques etc.
- Proven skills and track record (Github, open source etc.) in the use of current state of the art machine learning frameworks such as Keras, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, H2o, Spark etc. in developing ML/AI applications
- Experience of data wrangling and data munging, using Big Data technologies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to acquire new knowledge and apply it in the job
- Programming skills in various languages (C++, Scala, Java, R) with proficiency in Python and/or C++
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
- Ability to develop and drive new ways of working, to produce deliverables in a more efficient way
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation
- Certifying MI MOOCS, a plus
- Applications/Domain-knowledge in Telecommunication and/or IoT, a plus.
- Ability to build and nurture internal and external communities
- Experience in writing and presenting white papers, journal articles and technical blogs on the results
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, i.e., working with complex multiple stakeholder business units, global customers, technology and other ecosystem partners in a multi-culture, global matrix organization with sensitivity and persistence
Location: Bangalore, Chennai