Experience: 4 – 9 years
Role: Data Scientist
• Lead functional and technical analysis within Ericsson businesses and for strategic customers to understand MI-driven business needs and opportunities
• Contribute to rapid and iterative development of validated minimum viable solutions addressing these needs. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical models, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems
• Lead studies and creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones as needed.
• Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Ericsson Businesses to industrialize machine learning models and solutions as part of Ericsson offerings including providing source code, workflows and documents
• Work with new technologies and be the ambassador for them in MI Communities within Ericsson, nurturing the communities and mentoring junior data scientists.
• Provide MI Competence build-up in Ericsson Businesses and Customer Serving Units
• Develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives
• Engage with external ecosystem (academia, technology leaders, open source etc.) to develop the skills and technology portfolio for MI’s needs
• Present and be prominent in MI related forums and conferences, e.g., publishing patents, presenting papers, organizing sessions etc.
• Bachelors/Masters/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines from any of the reputed institutes. First Class, preferably with Distinction.
• Applied experience: 5+ years of ML and/or AI production level experience
• Proven skills of implementing a variety of Machine Learning techniques
• Strong skills in the use of current machine learning frameworks such as H2O, Keras, TensorFlow, Spark ML etc.
• Demonstrated ability to implement new algorithms and methodologies from leading open source initiatives and research papers addressing their functionalities, scalability and overall industrialization viability
• Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra etc.
• Strong grounding in math and statistics.
• Proven ability of leading projects end-to-end.
• Proven experience writing production-grade software
• Extensive experience in model development and life-cycle-management in one or more industry/application domain
• Strong Programming skills in various languages (C++, Scala, Java, R) with proficiency in Python and/or C++
• Good communication skills in written and spoken English
• Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
• Ability to build and nurture internal and external communities
• Experience in writing and presenting white papers, journal articles and technical blogs on the results
• Certifying MI MOOCS, a plus
• Applications/Domain-knowledge in Telecommunication and/or IoT, a plus.
• Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation is a plus
• Ability to work independently with high energy, enthusiasm and persistence
• Experience in partnering and collaborative co-creation, i.e., working with complex multiple stakeholder business units, global customers, technology and other ecosystem partners in a multi-culture, global matrix organization with sensitivity and persistence