Data Scientist will be based inChennai
The Data Scientist will use analytics to identify areas of opportunity within Flex’s global teams to investigate those areas of opportunity and perform analytics that lead to recommended actions to solve the issues identified. This position will be exposed to different types of workforce challenges all over the world. This person will need to apply creativity and innovation to analyze and solve these challenges.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you will do
- Engage various internal customers in understanding business problems, and see how data-driven decision making can improve them
- Based on business needs, develop a comprehensive plan for data collection, data analysis and implementation of results
- Consolidate and interpret data complex data from many sources, and present meaningful insights in a compelling way using the data driven solution workflow methodology– data preparation, modeling and deployment – predominantly using machine learning/deep learning
- Work on a broad range of problems in domains like Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance, HR, etc.
- Work across teams to help industrialize solutions that can deliver considerable value by providing actionable insights.
Here is some of what you will need (required)
- Overall experience of 5+ years and relevant to Data Science should be 3+ years
- Strong Python is a must (3-5 years of experience).
- Experience with AWS and cloud computing (i.e. Azure, Google) (certifications are a plus)
- Designs, creates, tests and implements complex models and algorithms that drive analytical solutions throughout the organization
- Regularly tests and maintains analytical models to improve efficiency and keep up with changing business needs, ensuring timely analysis and testing for regular maintenance of solutions over time
- Must Have solid exposure predictive modelling using Machine Learning, Deep learning, Computer Vision and other techniques
- Must Have exposure in dealing with Large Datasets on how to handle them.
- Must Have good Business Acumen and problem-solving skills
- Must Have knowledge of SQL and No SQL databases
- Must have an Advanced Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics or a combination of experience and training
Here are a few of our preferred experiences
- Exposure to reporting tool like Tableau, BO, Microstrategy, Spotfire etc.
- Microsoft Azure or AWS cloud understanding
- Understanding of Supply Chain, Enterprise Manufacturing Solutions
- Proven expertise in solutions that are deployed at scale