Position Title: Analyst – Business Modeling
Department: Global BI and Analytics
Positions reporting to this position: Lead Data Scientist or Manager Analytics
Develops and analyzes data models that generate knowledge into the project owner’s business objectives. Utilizes reports of findings and creates appropriate materials to communicate the findings. He or she will maintain a broad understanding of Ingram Micro’s business model along with becoming educated on particular vendors, customers, or internal division’s business models and needs.
As a Data Scientist, they will be looked upon as our lead analyst to execute our Data Science projects. At the same time, the expectation will be for them to learn development techniques so they can contribute on new product development projects. They will also start owning sub-streams of projects where they will be required to communicate effectively with a cross-functional team
- Support Vector Machines
- Multiple Nominal Logistic Regressions, linear regressions
- Features extraction, attributes selection
- Clustering, decision and model trees
- Numerical optimization (linear and nonlinear) with constraints
- Experimental Design
- Multiple Dimensional Scaling
- Neural Network
- Conjoint/Discrete Choice
- Price optimization, price elasticity/demand modelling
- Text mining on structured and unstructured data, sentiment analysis
- He or she needs to have experience in analysis of large data sets, identifying trends and patterns, and effectively communicating both internally and externally.
- Familiar with tools for data mining, statistics, analysis, and scripting (e.g., R, SAS, Scala, MATLAB, Python).
- Experience with cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing data from varied sources. Experience with SQL.
- Good communications skills to effectively collaborate and communicate with internal and external contacts.
- Must have managed at least one project in which a relational database was built and utilized for analysis.