Socure’s Senior Data Scientist will play a key role as part of our next generation analytics team. YOU will apply expertise with advanced analytics and cloud computing technologies while working alongside our industry leading technologists and data scientists to solve large-scale, complex, and challenging problems for our clients.
In this role you will:
- Develop machine learning, data mining, statistical, and graph-based algorithms designed to analyze massive data sets; partner with Cloud technologists to ensure proper implementation and usage of said algorithms.
- Analyze large data sets to develop multiple, custom models and algorithms to drive innovative correlations for fraud and acceptance data as well as social data.
- Provide analytic support to the data science team.
- Develop machine learning models to apply test data algorithms to future data.
- Develop models of current state in order to determine improvements needed.
- Implement new data modeling solutions and improvements to existing solutions.
- Report out on product/project status to senior management and clients.
- Work well in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, Mathematics, Statistics or similar or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3+ years of industry experience working in a similar role.
- Experience in developing data-driven algorithms in information retrieval, relevance, or machine learning and working with distributed systems.
- Understanding of: Spark, Hadoop/Hive, StarDog, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB.
- Knowledge of UNIX systems management, Java, Scala, Python, C/C++, SQL, HQL, SPARQL for RDF.
- Experience with R, data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms.
Nice to Have:
- Programming experience in (1 or more): Python/Shell/C/Java/Scala.
- Working knowledge of Relational Data Base Systems.
- Metrics + results driven team player who loves a challenge and thrives in the start-up environment
- Effective, clear and credible communicator across all levels of the organization.