Experience: 2 – 4 years
Role: Data Scientist
As a Data Engineer, a part of Machine Learning team, you will be responsible for creating data-driven products using scalable machine learning platforms/APIs and data processing technologies. Share your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements and General Skills
- Have all round experience in developing and delivering large-scale business applications in scale-up systems as well as scale-out distributed systems.
- Responsible for design and development of application on different data platforms.
- Should implement complex algorithms in a scalable fashion. Core data processing skills are highly important with tools like HIVE/Impala
- Should be able to write MapReduce jobs or Spark jobs for implementation. Ability to write Java-based middle layer orchestration between various components on Hadoop/spark stack.
- Work closely with product and Analytic managers, user interaction designers, and other software engineers to develop new offerings and improve existing ones.
- Good Analytical & Problem-Solving Skills
- Good Communication Skills: Refers to effective oral, written and presentation skills
- Responsible Team player with go-getter attitude
- •B.Tech or Master’s degree from a reputed university in Computer Science or equivalent disciplines.
- 1-3 years’ experience building software or web applications with object-oriented or functional programming languages. Doesn’t matter what language, just a focus on writing clean, well designed and scalable code on MapReduce.
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, or Storm
- Experience with streaming technologies like Kafka, Spark, Flink
- Experience with scalable systems, large-scale data processing, and ETL pipelines
- Experience with SQL and relational databases such as Postgres or MySQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, CloudSearch, or open source variants like Cassandra, HBase, Solr, or ElasticSearch
- Experience with DevOps tools (GitHub, Travis CI, JIRA) and methodologies (Lean, Agile, Scrum, Test Driven Development)
- Experience building and deploying applications on on-premise and AWS cloud-based infrastructure
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.