Date: Jan 9, 2019
Location: Chennai, IN
Engineer-Mobile – 25874
Technology and Engineering – India Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Think about the billions of purchases that consumers make every single day around the world. Imagine trying to make sense of the trillions of data points that represent these purchases. From a family doing online shopping for household essentials to a quick run to the supermarket, Nielsen is measuring the entire consumer path to purchase.
Nielsen is a multinational company working with the world’s largest brands across the world to inform them on where and how their best customers are shopping. The challenge is that this is a moving target and a complex problem. The commerce landscape is shifting today from brick and mortar to online shopping – and only Nielsen has the span of data to make sense of what drives a consumer to make their purchases.
MID-LEVEL ENGINEER – MOBILE DEVELOPMENT
So where do you fit here? In Nielsen Technology, we process over 250 terabytes of data every single day, manage it in the latest cloud technology, and build best-in-class analytical tools to add transparency and efficiency to the consumer goods market at a scale that no other company is able to achieve.
We’re looking for passionate, analytical, innovative Senior Engineers who want to figure out how to measure things in a complex world. If you have a passion for building top-notch, scalable products and have full-stack experience, we’re looking for you to join us in our Chennai Technology Hub!
What would you do:
● Write complex code to develop scalable, flexible and user-friendly mobile applications
● Build mobile apps used by crowdsourcing platforms and third-party data collection companies
● Develop secure and highly performant services and APIs to provide
● Evaluate technologies we can leverage, including open-source frameworks, libraries, and tools
● Ensure the maintainability and quality of code.
We are looking for people with:
● A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
● 3 -5+ years of software development experience using Sencha Touch/ExtJS, Xamarin or other mobile technologies
● Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance, scalability and availability
● Solid knowledge and working experience on Xamarin or Sencha Touch/ExtJS
●Good knowledge in designing and building multithreaded distributed systems
● Experience in agile software development practices and DevOps