NOTE: THIS ROLE HAS A BEGIN DATE OF JANUARY 2019
This is an entry-level, junior, full-time role with candidates beginning in our “Cube U” program and curriculum. As a result, we hire for this role on a very prescribed timeline, for a group of new hires. The ideal candidates for this program are recent or December 2018 graduates with a computer science, technology or engineering degree and great verbal and written soft skills.The candidate application process will last through early December 2018, with mid-December interviews and skills assessments and a late January 2019 hire date. Applicants for Cube U must reside in (or be willing to relocate to) the Atlanta area, but then over time as they progress in their career can opt for the flexibility to relocate and live anywhere in the US they desire while working from home.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering, technology or a compelling related field
- Great verbal and written soft skills!
- Be a fantastic team member who will work as part of a highly talented and experienced team
- Onsite training for first year in ATL; must reside in the area
- Must be determined, self-motivated and energetic with a passion for learning and picking up new skills! Must be coachable and have a can-do attitude.
Role Specific Qualifications
Windows/Linux system administration and network experience, along with creativity and communication abilities, to provide consultative support to clients. Prioritize various client deadlines, work on multiple tasks throughout the work week, and coordinate with other team members to serve customers effectively. Work independently with minimal direction, as well as in collaboration with team members.
Experience with the following technologies/skills:
- Knowledge of servers, networks, client-server systems, and firewalls
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or Linux operating systems – system architecture and design, as well as experience with supporting and troubleshooting stability and performance issues
- Understanding of and experience with virtualization technologies (e.g., VMWare/hyper-V)
- Knowledgeable in core network services including DHCP, DNS, IP routing, VLANs, layer 2/3 routing, and load balancing
- Storage configuration and management
- Reading, writing, or modifying PowerShell, Perl, Python, or Bash scripts
- Information & system security including cloud access controls and monitoring
- Server Optimization and Hardening, Vulnerability Research and Remediation
Experience with any of the following items would be a plus:
- Previous AWS experience
- Automation experience (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Working knowledge of software-defined lifecycles, product packaging, and deployments
- SQL or Oracle database administration (Backup, Restore, Management)
Note: The candidate must also obtain AWS Associate Certification within first year of hire.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Full Time Employee
- Location: Alpharetta, GA HQ location (Near GA400 and Mansell Rd)
- We offer a competitive compensation package along with a flexible work schedule
- Fantastic benefits!