Do you have in depth understanding of ML and AI technologies? Do you want to apply and extend those skills to solve real world, complex problems with high societal impact; going beyond ML/AI for consumption and advertising? Then, you do want to join Ericsson’s global team of Data Scientists pushing the technology frontiers to automate, simplify and add new value through large and complex data.
5G will give operators the possibility to improve their existing consumer business, address previously untapped value chains and open up new opportunities in new ecosystems. At Ericsson, we combine human intelligence – developed over 140 years of communications networking experience – with machine learning and AI to amplify 5G’s disruptive capabilities and drive industry transformation.
Ericsson’s Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) is a global team of talented data scientists, data engineers and business translators, chartered to accelerate the transformational journey for our customers and their customers. As part of this team, you will co-create – with our technologists, engineers and operators around the world – to build revolutionary solutions and models that drive economic growth in the real world.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Conduct functional and technical analysis within Ericsson organization and strategic customers to understand MI-driven business needs and opportunities
- Contribute to rapid and iterative development of high quality ML/AI applications. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical model, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems
- Conduct studies and find creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones, as needed.
- Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Ericsson Businesses to industrialize machine learning models and solutions as part of Ericsson offerings including providing source code, workflows and documents
- Work with new technologies and champion them in MI Communities within Ericsson.
- Assist MI Competence build-up in Ericsson Businesses and Customer Serving Units
- Help to develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives
- Engage with external ecosystem (academia, technology leaders, open source etc.) to develop the skills and technology portfolio for MI’s needs
Location: Bangalore, Chennai