The Purpose of This Role
As a Software Engineer, you will focus on both front end and back end technologies, working directly with both technical and business stakeholders to translate a vision and designs into sustainable business solutions. You will be responsible for the development of complex software applications, ensuring they are built with quality, consistency to our standards, performance and responsive to the device accessing the application.
The Value You Deliver
This Software Engineer will play a Development role within the NetBenefits Development team. This individual will be responsible for the creation of quality web based software components that are used by Fidelity’s workplace customers. The Software Engineer will work closely with the project manager, systems analysts, architects, and other developers to design, build, test, and deliver the features that make up Fidelity’s internet experience. They will be expected to work closely and collaborate with other developers on projects.
Responsibilities of the role includes
- Assists in determining and developing approaches to solutions.
- Contributes to the definition of application-level architecture.
- Participates in team project planning.
- Performs functional analysis for small to moderate projects.
- Provides application support, problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Supports and performs all phases of testing leading to implementation.
- Identifies and resolves technical issues. Provides technical supervision on small projects.
- Works on multiple projects concurrently under moderate direction.
The Skills that are Key to this role
- Knowledge of internet, mobile, and application architecture, as well as current industry trends
Displays a full understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning.
Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner
Ability to quickly learn, adapt and strive to meet the needs of a fast paced, changing environment
Ability to navigate organizationally in order to accomplish tasks
Ability to work on multiple efforts simultaneously
Required Technical skills
- Open Source Frameworks – Spring MVC, Spring Boot. XML, Integration with SOAP and RESTful WebServices, WS security
- Strong software development skills using Java and web application technologies in a service oriented architecture
- Experience in Server Side Java, J2EE, JSP/JSTL, Servlets, JAXB, JAX-WS, SQL, JUnit, and Tomcat are all required.
- Working experience of Inversion of Control, dependency injection, and MVC design pattern
- Strong knowledge of responsive web design and technologies
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration and deployment – Jenkins, Udeploy, BIT bucket
- Experience in Agile development methodology and Jira tool
- Strong analytical skills and high aptitude to learn and adapt to new processes
Solid understanding of Automation Frameworks – Data Driven, Key word Driven, Hybrid
Good understanding of TDD, CI-CD and DevOps concepts is preferred.
- Can effectively debug and test own automation code, software code, and SQL.
- Experience using any of the following tools and technologies is a strong plus:
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Quick learner and willing to adapt and learn new technologies
- Great attitude, team player and effective contributor
- Commitment to quality and high standards