Effective Tips to Crack the Group Discussion
Group discussions are a very important aspect of group communication. Many companies are making group discussion as the first criteria for screening the skills in the candidates not only leadership but interpersonal, analytical, initiative, flexibility, creativity and also GROUP DISCUSSION is conducted to eliminate people in mass. It’s very difficult to assess everyone through Quantitative aptitude, Qualitative Aptitude, Technical Aptitude, Technical HR and F2F if 3000 applicants attend a pool campus. Hence GD serves as a mass elimination tool.
Making a good impression while speaking in meetings or interviews is the basic skill every professional should have. Let’s see how you have to make this impression.
10 Simple Ways to Crack Group discussion:
1) Keep eye contact while speaking – Do not look at the evaluators only. Keep eye contact with every team member while speaking.
2) Take Initiate the GD – Initiating the GD is a big plus. But keep in mind – Initiate the group discussion only when you understood the GD topic clearly and have some topic knowledge. Speaking without proper subject knowledge is bad impression.
3) Allow others to speak – Do not interrupt anyone in-between while speaking. Even if you don’t agree with his/her thoughts do not snatch their chance to speak. Instead make some notes and clear the points when it’s your turn.
4) Speak clearly – Speak politely and clearly. Use simple and understandable words while speaking. Don’t be too aggressive if you are disagreeing with someone. Express your feelings calmly and politely.
5) Make sure to bring the discussion on track – If by any means group is distracting from the topic or goal then simply take initiative to bring the discussion on the track. Make all group members aware that you all need to come to some conclusion at the end of the discussion. So stick to the topic.
Group Discussion Tips
6) Positive attitude – Be confident. Do not try to dominate anyone. Keep positive body language. Show interest in discussion.
7) Speak sensibly – Do not speak just to increase your speaking time. Don’t worry even if you speak less. Your thoughts should be sensible and relevant instead of irrelevant speech.
8 ) Listen carefully to others – Speak less and listen more! Pay attention while others are speaking. This will make coherent discussion and you will get involved in the group positively. You will surely make people agree with you.
9) No need to go into much details – Some basic subject analysis is sufficient. No need to mention exact figures while giving any reference. You have limited time so be precise and convey your thoughts in short and simple language.
10) Formal dressing – Do not take it casually. No fancy and funny dressing. You should be comfortable while speaking in group. Positive gesture and body language will make your work easy.