Technology enthusiasts with Object oriented programming skills who can deliver engineering capabilities for the Web Customer channel serving millions of customers in the US
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with a degree in Computer Science or Applied Computer Science
- Technology Enthusiast
- Good understanding and exposure about Data Structure and Algorithms
- Strong experience on Bigdata / Hadoop Technlogy stack in Hadoop, Hive, Scala, Spark Streaming, Kafka, MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Python
- Experience in SQL like database is an added advantage.
- Clear understanding of ETL Methodology. Experience in ETL would be added advantage.
- UNIX experience including shell scripting. Cluster Management, Kerberos for security
- Ability to evaluate code for performance, understand key code metrics and take design decisions.
- Success stories in product engineering, coaching, persuading, and analysing code-not just writing it.
- Current with modern and developing technologies/frameworks, providing specific examples
Good to have:
- Proven track record for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Active contributor to open source including project successes
- GitHub account with valuable open source contributions
- Take ownership of applications assigned for development and support activity
- Ensure all SLA’s are met for assigned tasks.
- Perform on-call support and pager duties as assigned by Team lead.
- Strong Bigdata / Hadoop skills including
- Strong data warehousing and OLTP system knowledge from database/ETL development perspective.
- Exposure to Agile Scrum Methodology.
- Ability to collaborate across teams to deliver complex systems and components.
- Evaluate Application to be crafted/refactored towards continuous delivery.(Toggle management etc )