Job Location: Chennai
Experience: 2 to 5 Years
Primary Skill: Hadoop
- Job Title: Apps Dev Sr. Programmer Analyst
- C Level / Officer Title: C12 – Assistant Vice President
- Business: Institutional Clients Group (ICG) Technology
- Job Location: Chennai
- Function: Treasury and Trade Solutions
Citi’s Treasury and Trade Solutions group is built on the power of our network. Citi Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), provides integrated cash management and trade finance services to multinational corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations across the globe. With a full range of digital and mobile enabled platforms, tools and analytics, TTS continues to lead the way in delivering innovative and tailored solutions to its clients. TTS offers the industry’s most comprehensive suite of treasury and trade solutions including cash management, payments, receivables, liquidity management and investment services, working capital solutions, commercial card programs, trade finance and services.
- TTS counts 80% of Global Fortune 500, over 1,100 public sector entities and thousands of financial institutions amongst its diverse client base
- Doing business In 160 countries and jurisdictions, and transacting in over 140 currencies, TTS processes some USD 4.0 trillion of client payments everyday
- Collaborates with clients to deliver next-generation financial solutions using TTS Innovation Labs.
The Vanguard TTS Big Data platform is a multi-year critical program within the Data, Innovation and Architecture Technology, part of Treasury & Trade Services this role will be part of a team to transform and digitize the business.
Great exposure and opportunity to work with the latest technologies such as Hadoop and the Big Data eco-system, Real-time processing and Analytics. This candidate will work closely with the Big Data development teams and interface with other internal teams and learn how a leading organization conducts itself.
Senior Hands-on Spark and Hadoop framework and Utilities Developer who will take the overall responsibility for end to end software development, continuous integration and continuous deployment, meeting a high level of code quality working within established timelines and Engineering Excellence best practices.
The ideal candidate will be dependable and resourceful software professional who can comfortably work in a large development team in a globally distributed, dynamic work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collaboration. The ability to work in high pressured environment is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Science, Computers, Information Technology or Engineering)
- At least 8+ years overall IT experience with 3+ years in a technical lead role with experience on large & complex projects
- Technical / Functional Proficiency:
- Hadoop Spark using Scala/Java minimum 3 years of experience
- 3-4 years of core Java experience with Spring and ORM frameworks such as Hibernate
- 3 years of Cloudera Hadoop 5x / 6x
- Experience with real time messaging and ingestion including Kafka
- Experience with developing frameworks and utility services including logging/monitoring using ELK or similar
- Working experience with Big Data (HBase/Impala/Hive) No-SQL databases
- Hands on experience with open source software platforms Linux
- Experience with Oracle and/or MYSQL database application development
- Agile build and deploy DevOps experience preferred
- Cloud experience with AWS – EMR/Cloudera on EC2 or Google Cloud – DataProc or BigQuery a plus
- Proven ability in working with the development team members and other partners, with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate well at all levels
- Team Player, self-starter and thorough who is willing to take on any assigned job/responsibilities
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with little supervision and ensuring the detail is of high priority
- Efficiently and effectively manages work, time, and resources
- Ability to work under high-pressure situations and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment that includes a global focus
- Strong problem solving and program execution skills while being process orientated
- Ability to understand the big picture – can step back and understand the context of problems before applying analytical skills to address the issues