Based in Chennai, India, the Software Engineer – Big Data will be responsible for:
- Acquire and demonstrate technical knowledge of inspection software\system.
- Do requirements analysis, architectural analysis, design, develop and unit testing
- Do feasibility analysis of new features for complex software
- Acquire knowledge of key use cases in defect inspection system.
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, throughput, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
- Responsible for developing new software programs and proofing the software program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
- Work with hardware and systems/application groups to understand system requirements and map them to a software design
- Work in a global environment to Interact with multi-site team members (India, USA) during software product life cycle for requirement analysis, design, coding, integration and testing.
- Providing technical expertise to the estimation process as input to the project plan
- Following KT defined software development processes
- Required: Good academics. BE/BS/BTech/MS/MTech degree in Computer Science/SW Engg/Electronics/Electrical Engg.
- Required: 3 or more years of SW development experience.
- Required: Strong in programming fundamentals, using Java, C#, C++, Python.
- Required: Experience with Object-Oriented Software Analysis and Design using UML modeling
- Required: Experience building REST web services and reusable software components
- Required: Working experience with Big data infrastructure products and frameworks such as Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Elastic Search, Phoenix, Tableau, TSDB.
- Required: Working knowledge of Linux
- Required: Hands on Experience with SQL and no-SQL database systems.
- Required: Thorough knowledge of SDLC and software engineering
- Required: Need excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Required: Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Optional: Knowledge of Agile or other process models
- Optional: Knowledge of KT specific or general semiconductor domain