Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 254 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
- A computer science graduate or undergraduate degree or equivalent with 8+ years of industry experience with 3+ years in business systems analysis on big data platforms
- Experience in data analysis using open source solutions such as: Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Elastic Search
- Must be familiar with scripting languages (Shell, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL and one or more of these DB’s – Oracle, MySQL, Teradata is a plus.
- Experience in building Insights from data – associations among data, business rules/logics, data flows, data usages.
- Track record of working within a fast paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and geo locations.
- Exceptional collaboration skills, within function and across peer stakeholders.
- Demonstrate excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization tools is a plus.
- Experience in financial services industry preferred