Experience: 2 – 5 Years
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Areas of Focus
- Portfolio Ownership: With minimal guidance develop a data product strategy for the area of ownership and define / manage the portfolio with the PDS leadership team and stakeholders. Represents their product to stakeholders and to peers across PayPal and is seen as a critical stakeholder for feedback on new feature ideas. Identify and define OKR’s to monitor and track success.
- Product Management: Define the priorities and roadmap in partnership with the stakeholders and cross functional teams and lead the sprint deliveries with engineering team. Actively manage SLA, production issues and resolution and any impact to customer or downstream.
- Requirements: Ability to capture, document and present requirements without any assistance.
- Negotiation: Manage the expectation of customer by effectively prioritizing resources, work and negotiating product/project needs.
- Problem Solving: Understand and provide inputs for the trade-offs in launching the feature. Successfully able to collaborate to resolve deadlocks and present feasible solutions. Ability to drive an agreement on a solution and its adoption.
- Marketing/Communication: Ability to present the portfolio and its progress through quarterly business reviews, newsletters or release communications to PDS leadership and stakeholders.
- Domain Owner: Develop PayPal business knowledge and apply that to the data product and its customers. Go to person for their product’s feature, design and domain details.
- Technical Expertise: Facilitate technical discussion for their product and provide feedback and inputs in the technical and architectural design. Ability to review the tech specs and architectural design docs.
- Innovation: Lead the team to ideate, do POC and implement change to bring innovation in their product, grooming new technologies and presenting them to management.
- A computer science graduate or undergraduate degree or equivalent with 10+ years of industry experience with 5+ years in product management.
- Experience with building and delivering large scale enterprise applications for internal or external customers preferably in the financial services industry.
- Technical understanding deep enough to converse with architect and engineers.
- Experience defining, owning and managing roadmap for delivering enterprise solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle with competing priorities and make decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Experience with managing multiple work streams concurrently and managing resources to ensure on-time delivery.
- Knowledge of Agile principles, with experience in leading scrums, building user stories, writing specifications, and managing team resources.
- Mastery in problem analysis, problem resolution, decision-making and judgment skills.
- Ability to use data to drive products and decisions. Strive towards delivering business solutions with consistency and quality.
- Track record of working within a fast paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and geo locations.
- Exceptional collaboration skills, within function and across peer stakeholders.
- Demonstrate excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Experience with delivering large scale enterprise applications using big data open source solutions such as: Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka and Elastic Search / Solr
- Understanding or experience with delivering near real time application
- Knowledge of SQL and one or more of these DB’s – Oracle, MySQL, Teradata
- Experience or knowledge of No-SQL DB’s – Couchbase, Aerospike
- Experience with Tableau or other visualisation tools