Job Location: Chennai
Experience: 3-5 Years
Primary Skill: Hadoop
What you’ll be doing…
- Deploy hadoop cluster, maintain a hadoop cluster, add and remove nodes using cluster monitoring tools (Cloudera Manager), configure the NameNode high availability and keep track of all the running hadoop jobs.
- Implement, manage and administer the overall hadoop infrastructure.
- Take care of the day-to-day running of Hadoop clusters
- Work closely with database team, network team, BI team and Application teams to make sure that all the big data applications are highly available and performing as expected.
- Be responsible for capacity planning and estimating the requirements for lowering or increasing the capacity of the hadoop cluster.
- Be responsible for deciding the size of the hadoop cluster based on the data to be stored in HDFS.
- Ensure that the hadoop cluster is up and running all the time.
- Monitoring the cluster connectivity and performance.
- Manage and review Hadoop log files.
- Backup and recovery tasks
- Resource and security management
- Troubleshoot application errors and ensure that they do not occur again.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have
- Bachelor’s Degree or four or more years of experience.
- Four or more years of relevant expereince.
- Experience in designing, implementing and administering highly available Hadoop clusters secured with Kerberos, preferably using the Cloudera Hadoop distribution.
In-depth understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. HDFS, MapReduce, HBase, Pig, Scoop, Spark, Hive).
- Willingness to perform operational support (24X7) on-call duties in rotation.