Microsoft had introduced ASP.NET MVC in .Net 3.5 and then many features have been added. ASP.NET MVC(Model-View-Controller) is a Web Application Framework. MVC is highly testable open source framework. Here we will discuss released version history of ASP.NET MVC Framework.
If you are beginner in MVC Start Learning from MNC Experts – Book Now
ASP.NET MVC 1:
- The first version of ASP.NET MVC was Released on March 13, 2009
- Visual studio 2008 Provide support to develop ASP.NET MVC Application and Runs on .NET 3.5
- Concepts of HTML Helpers
ASP.NET MVC 2 :
- The second Version of ASP.NET MVC was released on March 10, 2010.
- Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 with improved tool Support to develop ASP.NET MVC 2 Application. Its runs on .NET 3.5 & 4.0.
- Support for Partitioning a large application into Areas.
- Many Helper methods HTML helpers, Asynchronous controllers and Concept of scaffolding.
ASP.NET MVC 3:
- The Third Version of ASP.NET MVC was released on January 13, 2011.
- Visual Studio includes code colorization for Razor syntax in MVC 3 application.
- Included new HTML 5 project templates.
- .NET MVC3 Application supports for one or more view engine
ASP.NET MVC 4:
- .NET MVC 4 was released on August 15, 2012
- MVC 4 application runs on .NET 4.0 & 4.5
- Enhanced Support for asynchronous method
- Lot of new features to support mobile application
Free PDF Download: Latest Updated ASP.NET MVC Topics
ASP.NET MVC 5:
- ASP.NET MVC 5 was released on January 13, 2011.
- Runs ASP.NET MVC 5 Application on .Net 4.5, 4.5.1 and with Visual Studio 2013
- A lot of New Features added in asp.net mvc5.These are,
- One Asp.Net
- .Net Identity
- New Scaffolding
- Bootstrap Support
ASP.NET MVC 6:
- In order to support the web applications and services, a many numbers of changes have been made in MVC
6. MVC 6 is a cross-platform application works on cloud and on-premises
- .NET MVC and Web API have been merged.
- Many features introduced in ASP.NET MVC 6.
- Cloud Optimization
- Tag Helpers
- Olx and Linux Support
- No more Web Forms
Useful Resource: ASP.NET MVC Interview Questions with Answers