We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our data science COE in Saudi Arabia. Qualified candidate will be working in a presales team to promote and sell IBM Analytics technology to CDO’s and Data Scientist’s across industries. They will have experience in understanding, prioritisation and delivery of data science projects that drive business results and have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to deliver actionable and impactful insights.
We value problem solving skills and an attitude towards learning, great communication and accountability.
Skills include machine learning, predictive analytics and decision optimization and the proven ability to apply the skills to real-world business problems.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- PhD’ degree in a quantitative field, computer science or similar field.
- Strong knowledge of data scientist tools and statistical computer languages required (e.g. R, Python, C++, Java, SQL, Jupyter, TensorFlow etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience building and implementing predictive models, including data discovery, data preparation/cleaning, model validation, and evaluation.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques and experience working with data architectures.
- Experience in data science and advanced statistical techniques and concepts, including creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics (regression, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Experience working in agile development methodology.
- Experience in data visualization and ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a concise and actionable manner
- Mathematical, statistical and computational fluency to build models that can make good predictions, evaluate model performance and tune it accordingly.
- Analytical thinking