· Participate in the design, planning and development of solutions based on industry requirements.
· Assist in establishing project timelines; manage assigned component of project within time constraints.
· Be an active and highly collaborative team member as part of an agile development team
· Shows an affinity for finding solutions through discussions with team members
· Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills to solve a complex problem, and comfortable exploring them even if the problem and solution are not yet well-defined
· Participate as part of a project team to design, code, test and deploy enhancements to our next generation content delivery systems using a diverse range of cloud native technologies
· Flexibility to learn and enhance programming language skills with continuous improvement and finding better ways to do things
· Flexibility to respond on change
· Work closely with customer stakeholders to ensure we’re adding value for our users
· Work closely with other developers, for example by pair programming and participating in code reviews
· Troubleshoot and fix bugs
· Provide technical direction and training to more junior Software development personnel with industry best practices.
· Contribute to testing of user stories, features and releases
· Assist our customer facing support team in solving client issues, when necessary
· Contribute insights and suggestions as part of our continuous improvement
· Generally, pitch in wherever needed to help get a high-quality release out on time
· Have an ability to think practically while assessing the circumstances and make the best decision based on the facts
· Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
· Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of experience writing code in a high-level object-oriented programming language such as C# / Python
· Experience with Object Oriented design and software design patterns.
· Experience with relational databases such as Oracle / SQL Server
· Experience in SQL and PL/SQL.
· Hands on experience on unit testing in a programming language such as C# / Python
· Hands on experience with IDEs such as Visual Studio / IntelliJ / PyCharm
· Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong familiarity with agile principles, values and practices
· Python experience is a strong plus
· Familiarity with AWS Cloud APIs is a plus
· Familiarity with NoSQL Databases is a plus
· Familiarity with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery technologies and methodologies is a plus