Experience: 2-4 YEARS
Role: Software Developer
- Take ownership for delivering/maintaining front/back-office applications
- Plan and coordinate end-to-end project within tight timelines and meeting the business expectation
- Own the entire lifecycle of the development project
- Plan the project and Prepare the required documentations
- Coordinate with business analysts and user communities to define requirements
- Oversee technical design: Define the product scope, product functionality, look, feel and performance, deliver what the clients need while adhering to overall product architecture and organization standards. Guide the developers and the team in ensuring quality deliverables.
- Coordinate functionality and performance testing and provide continuously improved product experience
- Actively assist Business Analysts and Support team in rolling out the product to our global user community
- Manage the interfaces with various external groups – e.g. upstream & downstream applications, data centre and related services and various process/control functions.
- Play a hands-on role during all phases of the lifecycle including plan, code reviews, testing and support
- Motivate, mentor and lead technical teams, evaluate their delivery, guide the members to deliver quality output with responsible delegation and build a high performance team
- Together with the partner teams, user community, business analysts and Tech management contribute to innovative and best-in-class solutions for our business
This position gives an excellent opportunity for the selected candidate to play a significant role in an exciting and critical business within Citi. As a member of our highly acclaimed Technology team, this role provides the opportunity to participate in and shape the expansion and pre-eminence of our Business working together with our team of highly skilled technologists.
The opportunity to work in back-office application space spanning multiple asset classes in a high-velocity and high availability environment is, of itself, an exciting proposition. We believe it is even more special to do this as part of Citi, a premier financial institution that is one of the biggest and best in the market, and as a part of our team that has a high visibility for our work both inside our larger organisation as well as in the global Capital Markets world. The position will enable you to leverage Citi’s incomparable geographical reach, product richness, and engineering expertise and to translate these into a successful and top-of-the-class product offering for our customers.
- 12+ years hands-on experience
- Strong Knowledge in one of the project management methodologies
- Experience in designing and implementing Multi-tier applications
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge in troubleshooting, performance tuning and best practices
- Experience in Messaging, failover designing and recovery planning
- Experience in delivering high quality applications
- Experience in project risk identification techniques, mitigation and escalation
- Familiar with all phases of the systems lifecycle, from analysis, design and development through to support
- Experience in developing performance sensitive multi-tier Java/JEE applications
- Knowledge of the FX/MM/FI market and products is very desirable
- Strong interpersonal and articulation skills (spoken and written)
- Excellent persuasive, influencing and negotiation skills
- Outstanding analytic and problem solving skills; innovative and solutions oriented
- Excellent knowledge in Java (JDK 1.7 or more) Excellent knowledge inperience with JMS, JEE, Jsp, Servlets, Struts 2.0 and SQL/PLSQL Basics
- Java performance tuning, Threads, Collections
- Knowledge of any application server
- Any Project Management Tool
- Messaging middlewares
- Spring, SWING
- Weblogic server/App server administration
- Flexcube, Flex PP etc.