Job Description :
Software Design Engineer responsible for the design, development and maintenance of mobile applications and embedded software components for the Engineering Controls group.
- BS/MS in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science.
Technical Skills :
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming methodologies.
- Proficient in Java, Android Studio, Xcode, JSON, HTML, C, C++.
- Experience building clients on top of RESTful JSON-based APIs.
- Experience developing customer facing / consumer applications for Android platforms such as mobile phones and tablets.
- Familiarity with key Operating System concepts such as multithreading, task scheduling, interrupts and mobile development techniques for Android.
- Experience with creating mobile application designs to meet cross-platform, reusability and ease of unit test.
- Proficient with GUI design concepts and implementation on mobile platforms.
- Experience programming multi-task or multi-threaded embedded mobile applications.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management methodologies (source code version control, bug tracking and requirement traceability).
- Familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP).
- Familiarity with industry-wide embedded software design and debugging tools.
- Experience developing technical requirements from customer requirements.
- HVAC knowledge is a plus, familiarity with iOS app development is a plus
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration and teaming skills.
- Creativity and ability to learn quickly are essential.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on new projects.
- Ability to adapt existing and new technologies to the HVAC field.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to changing demands.