Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world’s premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Lead and assist a team of electrical engineers to provide Industrialized Electrical / Control Engg Solutions with respect to engineering, design, analysis for subsdea /offshore applications to different products and sevices business of the company.
- Supervise & mentor Engineers on electrical control system projects
- Perform control system development efforts for subsea intervention systems / offshore systems.
- Perform conceptual and detailed design work, engineering calculations, and analysis in support of the development of subsea / offshore systems.
- Prepare design specifications / calculation for the required electrical control systems. Select appropriate electrical / control system hardware and prepare electrical / whip schematics.
- Participate in the engineering review and trade study processes as a reviewer and a contributor.
- Study, interpret, and implement requirements from industry codes and regulatory authorities.
- Prepare technical procedures for assembly, testing, and operations. Contribute at the assembly, sub-system, and system levels of projects.
- Provide electrical engineering support to existing products viz. digital inclinometer, pumping skid, acid dosing skid etc. by writing custom firmware for SID to accept RS232 string for various purposes, producing topside GUI with logic for controlling valves etc.
- Support field trial of the developed product at various locations worldwide.
- Review the block diagrams / layout drawings prepared by Drafters for mechanical, electrical, network, control etc.
- Execute projects from start to delivery. Lead multiple projects at the same time, including small cross-functional projects
- Provide guidance to designers and junior engineers to enable them handle the assignments effectively
- Review work carried out by other engineers, review the documents prepared by the team
- Define functional processes and work towards continuous improvement
- Define scope of work, Plan jobs, Have resources allocated
- Share regular updates about work
- Monitor performance on relevant key performance indicators
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the manager
- Validate timesheets of team members assigned
- Provide technical guidance on multiple areas of expertise to other team members, act as SME
- Prepare & conduct technical trainings
- Will require a multi-month trip to various countries as per the project need.
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Guide team members to have them accomplish their performance goals
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures