Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
• Assist in design and development of PayPal Android application
• Influencing peers, juniors and seniors both within the organization and across PayPal.
• Native Android app development and converting ideas, designs and requirements to concrete stable production builds
• Coordinate and collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to understand problems, come up with creative solutions, and help with tracking and delivering within the release plan • Understand and implement Android specific design patterns
• Collaborate with Engineering and QA to resolve bugs.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• At least 3 years of native Android development experience. 7 years’ total experience.
• Extremely comfortable with understanding and implementing internet application with REST services at the backend
• Super awesome with Android concepts like fragments, location services, Google Cloud Messaging API, UI transitions, Image processing and multi-threaded communications
• Familiarity with continuous integration (Jenkins), application monitoring (Crashlytics and fabric.io), mocking tools (Appium and Apiary), build tool development and enhancements, using unit testing and cucumber tests for functional tests.
• Extremely comfortable with understanding and implementing client-side handlers for web services with REST services at the backend
• Knowledge in Android Studio and GitHub is a huge plus • B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science is desired