DevOps Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
Do you believe that automation is the only way to scale out a service? Do you strive to get that extra 9 of availability?
Join us, the Poshmark Cloud Platform team, in pushing the limits of cloud based technologies to power our explosive growth! As we continue to experience a dramatic increase in the usage of our product, help us scale our infrastructure to handle massive growth in traffic, membership, and data.
- Enable rapid development through robust Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Script / automate core processes to improve efficiency as well as platform availability
- Ensure the highest availability of the platform and its core services
- Manage configuration deployment, backup and (OS) updates
- Debug incidents, escalate and follow through until resolution has been achieved
- Participate in on-call rotation to ensure 24/7 coverage
- Partner with other teams to share tools, expertise, and create effective solutions
- Assist with building the DevOps team
- Develop and institute monitoring policies as well as intrusion detection systems.
- Ability to solve operational issues through engineering automated solutions
- 2+ years experience, ideally in a startup or fast growing company
- Battle-proven, real-life experience in running a large scale operation
- Experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS
- Proficiency with NoSQL systems, preferably MongoDB, Redis
- Experience running search indexes (Lucene, ElasticSearch) at scale
- Ability to identify root cause issues quickly and solve them when time is a critical factor
- Scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Bash etc.)
- Experience with network monitoring (e.g. Nagios, Zenoss etc.) as well as centralized logging systems (e.g. Splunk, ELK), version management systems (e.g. git, SVN, CVS) and automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent