An AECOM led consortium has been appointed as the General Consultant for the Mumbai Metro Line 3 project by the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation, India. The 33.5-km long line will be the first underground metro line in Mumbai.
At US$ 3.8 billion estimated project cost, this is the biggest consultancy contract awarded to any consultancy consortium in India. With an alignment that runs through the densely populated city, the project poses unique challenges for our experts and engineers.
AECOM is providing general engineering consultancy services for Mumbai Metro project and is actively seeking Planner Scheduler / Programme Scheduler for the project.
The responsibilities of this role are as follows –
- Programme and Project Scheduling – Able to undertake planning of major construction projects both in a Client environment and working alongside AECOM Project Managers to include all aspects of the service including defining Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), development of activity durations and logic, application of PERT techniques and network diagrams.
- Training, software, system set-up and implementation support – Increasing the maturity of AECOM’s approach to Schedule Management by helping augment training programmes, advice on software platforms, and building and operating the schedule management service.
- Leadership skills – Able to facilitate and lead on the development of schedules with Stakeholders at all levels
- Software Skills – Able to use leading industry standard software and tools such as Primavera P6, Microsoft Project
- Business Development – Internal networking to develop new business and bid support to respond to external Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
Specific Skills Required:
- Good technical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should be Bachelors in Civil.
- Good working knowledge of NEC3 contracts or similar
- Specific systems or tools used – Primavera P6 and Microsoft Office suite.
- Specific industry and project experience – Metro, rail, highways
- Mandatory Professional Certifications
- Able to work in a Client office
- The candidate should have knowledge of all the ISO standards
- The candidate should have minimum 7 years of experience in site execution with minimum 2 years of experience in execution of the underground metro project.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Prior experience in similar projects.