LAP is a fast and flexible accounting and financial reporting system. The system is available 24×7 and operates in a batch and real-time mode processing. Data from the General Ledger is extracted and provided to other areas such as the Bank of England Reporting system, Head Office reporting, Management Information system and Nostro Reconciliation systems as well as to reporting tables enabling direct user access.
Expected Role and Key Responsibilities:
The role is for a Senior Software Developer with experience of working within a dynamic and demanding environment reacting to changing business needs who works equally well as an individual or as part of a team.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years Application Development and M&E experience. The candidate must have past experience of working as a part of large Development team.
The role will also involve all aspects of the Application development, M& E activities and to provide L3 support ticket resolutions.
Previous experience within the investment banking sector is not essential but a highly motivated and skilled individual who can add to the current group of talented resources is considered more important.
Educational Qualifications: B.E / B. tech or equivalent
Work experience (in years): 4+ years
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Excellent Knowledge & Understanding of Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, MS-SQL, T-SQL.
- Excellent Knowledge of C++ on Linux environment
- Excillent knowledge of Python scripting
- Good Knowledge & Understanding of data modelling.
- Flair for learning new tools & technology
- Excellent Understanding of Linux & Windows operating system.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of GIT
- Proven skills to coordinate with various teams.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Business/Customer facing skills
- Prior experience in of Accounting Systems in Institutional Banking domain
Organisation Preference (if any):
- Forward thinking skilled individual
- Delivery-focused with a good eye for detail
- Structured, organised and a good communicator
- Must be able to work closely with users and business analysts
- Willing to share knowledge and skills with others within the team
- Whilst able to work independently, should be a true team player
Primary Location: IN-TN-Chennai
Job Type: Standard / Permanent
Job: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
Experience Level: At least 3 years