• Customer Engagement: Accountable for partnering with business stakeholders to provide them the ability to make decisions and gain insights through data visualization and reporting. This would include requirements gathering, iterations, visualization best-practices, design, deployment, and on-going enhancements.
• Innovation: Proactively drive value with innovative solutions, and delivering improved upon methods of data presentation by focusing on the business need and the business value of the solution.
• Data Querying: Autonomously write SQL at an expert level to mine data that and then can be communicated or translated to peer ETL developers for database development.
• Prototyping: Own prototyping efforts for demonstration and illustration purposes to peer groups, Business partners, or senior leaders.
• BI Development: Subject Matter Expert (SME) with report development, dashboard development, SQL queries, and meta-data layers. Experience with Agile development methodology is required.
• Problem Solving: Lead peers and stakeholders as a SME through troubleshooting, analysis of results, Production Support, and identification of opportunities to solve Business problems through BI.
• Storytelling: Solve Business challenges by leading the translation of data, impact of that data, and be able to effectively communicate the story that the deliverable tells or the problem that the deliverable solves.
• Drive for Efficiencies: Relentlessly look for opportunities to improve current processes or find efficiencies by applying industry best practices for BI development.
• Ability to work under pressure, to fixed deadlines and a flexible approach to working hours (when required) to meet deadlines.
• Experience with Agile development methodology.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
• Understand data visualization concepts and best practices.
• Methodical, accurate and with attention to detail.
• Proven track record to take ownership of problems/issues and see them to completion.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Must inspire confidence to users and colleagues through knowledge and presentation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent degree/experience.
• 4-7 years’ experience with Business Intelligence/Analysis and Data Warehousing.
• Optional – 4+ years’ experience with Informatica and other BI Tech Stack.
• Good Experience in Spark/Storm/Scala also experience in Amazon Kinesis or similar tech stack would be a plus.
• Expert with data/reporting marts.
• Experience with HDFS (Hadoop and Hive) and Relational Database (Teradata, SQL Server, etc.) environments required.
• Experience with Cloud technology (AWS or similar) is preferred.
• Proficiency in a development language (Scala/Python or similar) is preferred.