Experience: 7 – 12 Years
Role: Software Developer
This position will support security automation related projects with an emphasis on via Python programming and development. The project-focused Developer will work with the Office of Information Security, developing integrations leveraging Python.
This position is for integrating and implementing Security in DevOps. Integrating requires familiarity with DevOps tools such as VSTS and TFS. Implementing requires familiarity with Security tools. Implementing requires programming background in Python and Powershell and leveraging AWS, Azure, and ADAL SDKs for Python. Selenium scripting is a bonus.
The position is responsible for developing and driving integration and automation of systems leveraging Python, and will be expected to retain ownership of those platforms once implemented.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems or related fields
- Understanding of security principles and knowledge of basic cyber security technologies (Firewalls, web proxy’s, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), host antivirus software etc.)
- Understanding of network principles and knowledge of basic network technologies (network flow, protocols, function of network devices etc.) and Cloud.
- Working knowledge on WMI and PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of Django and similar framework.
- Knowledge of SharePoint.
- Working Knowledge of MongoDB or similar DB.
- Strong technical writing/documentation skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to take technical concepts and explain them in widely understandable terms.
- Ability to operate under pressure and multi-task, must demonstrate strong bias for action, follow-through and personal leadership
Desired Skills/Abilities (not required but a plus):
- Experience with Automation & Orchestration
- Strong experience in Linux and Windows environment
- Cyber Security data mining and analytics knowledge.
- Knowledge of Splunk or any SIEM.