If your expertise lies in, a position as Analyst / Designer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting development activities and the services behind these, and the role also involves production support activities.
To qualify for this role, you need to have experience of agile practices, participate in daily stand-ups, retrospectives and planning meetings.
What the Business Does?
This role is based in the Digital Channels Platform team at reporting to the Tech Lead.
The Digital Channels Platform team owns the Digital Engineering Services function managing the Digital Platform Engineering designing and managing the core infrastructure and services for DES Products & Services. The team is delivering to the business ambition of ‘best in class’ Digital platforms and needs a strong, senior leader to help shape the delivery and organizational strategy. Manage a high performing, geographically distributed and diverse team to meet the business needs at a sustainable cost. Proactively work with other teams within Platform Engineering and also DES and wider RBS group to deliver against organizational strategy and goals. Manage the core Internet facing infrastructure for DES Products & Services.
Skills you need
- Skilled in Version Control Software : IBM Rational ClearCase, SVN, GIT, Mercurial; build tools like ANT, Maven; programming language: Python.
- Scripting Language : Shell/Bash Scripting, HTML, Java Scripting and Web server configuration, ideally Apache server.
- An understanding of the HTTP protocol, and trace tools such as Fiddler.
- Understand REST principles, APIs and JSON; comfortable diagnosing browser issues, using Chrome debug or equivalent.
- Comfortable looking at server side logs, ideally using Splunk.
- Familiarity with HTTP test tools such as curl and Postman.
- Understand Continuous Integration (CI) principles, and build servers such as TeamCity.