- Ad server optimization, behavioral profiling and performance algorithm development.
- Enable large video advertisers to run extremely efficient marketing campaigns that exceed aggressive ROI goals with precision and efficiency.
- Implement ad targeting models that use advanced statistical and machine learning techniques
- Analyze, design and implement targeted relevance algorithms.
- Develop and implement algorithms that work with large scale data to forecast and optimize return on online advertising spend.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to explore tradeoffs of performance and accuracy with alternate statistical approaches.
Typical Work Day:
- Measure and understand what our audience looks like and wants
- Use these measurements to target audience segments at scale
- Optimize RhythmOne operations
- Derive and define key metrics to analyze and optimize business based on strategic goals
How we get things done:
- Work closely with PM Team to understand & analyze requirements
- Help create design documentation & review the same with the team
- Collaborate with teams across geographies to finalize design documents
- Help create low level design & test case for the module/feature
- Help write code & work with version management tools
- Own a feature/module & take it till go live
- Should help write & execute unit test cases
- Should help write & execute functional, integration test cases
- Should help contribute in code review & improve guideline documents
- Should help analyze & fix issues found post development
- Actively contribute in supporting product on need basis
- Participate in design review of other features
- Work with solutions engineering teams to streamline the go-live process of new releases.
- MS/PhD in Computer science, Statistics or related fields is required. Recent Ph.D. graduates or Ph.D. candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- 7+ years of experience; majority of experience should be in the online advertising industry.
- Ability to design and develop complex algorithms, mathematical constructs and code.
- Experience with behavioral targeting, online advertising/marketing, and/or user segmentation.
- Proven track record in independently developing complex machine learning based systems, utilizing multiple machine learning frameworks and techniques for optimal accuracy and performance.
- Must have solid understanding of statistical modeling/machine learning/ data mining/ recommender systems concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with very large datasets.
- Strong knowledge of data structure, modeling, replication and distributed data/object relational database mapping.
- Strong analytical quantitative and problem solving ability
- Experience with architecting, building and deploying reliable algorithms-based ad optimization systems that work at scale is a plus.
- Experience with R, relational databases (MySQL preferred) and Unix/Linux experience are required.
- A solid understanding of Hadoop, Hive and Map/Reduce programming is desirable.
- Hands on experience working with Java or C++ is preferred
Education and Years of Experience
- M.Tech, MS, BTech, MSc from premier institutions.
- Ph. D. in Math/Statistics/Computer Science or equivalent with an emphasis on programming
- 5+ years designing/developing large-scale internet software systems.