What we are:
- Our team is a group of intelligent, hard-working, and fun people with diverse backgrounds
- Our product consists of a solution for people to find, understand, use, and govern data
- Our system runs smart algorithms, including machine learning, to organize data from diverse sources and deeply analyzes their semantics and usage
What we are not:
- A database or cloud computing company
- A business intelligence company
- A consulting company
Some of the things you will be doing include…
- Building the technical and cultural foundations of our engineering team with focus on testing and test automation.
- Initiating, owning and taking accountability for everything one touches and is touched by.
- Design, develop and maintain test automation framework preferably in Selenium and Python
- Design, develop and maintain test scripts preferably in Selenium and Python
- Analyze test script failures and triage product bugs
- Design, develop and maintain test reporting tools
- Design, build and maintain tools which can be used by developers to write robust test scripts faster
- Design, build and maintain test infrastructure to support the ever-increasing automated testing needs
- Continuously think about ways to improve product quality and test coverage by test automation
- Continuously think about ways to develop maintainable and scalable test automation systems
- Drive continuous improvement of the software development and testing process
- Metric driven mindset to measure progress and success by improvement in product quality and increased customer satisfaction scores.
- Influence the stakeholders across time zones and geographies to raise continuously the bar of quality, timeliness and innovation.
- Good written communication and data visualization skills, be able to articulate and express ideas to influence people
Nice to have…
- Knowledge about CI and Jenkins
- Knowledge about pipeline as code
- Cross browser test script development
- Developing test scripts using cloud based services like sauce labs or browser stack
You should have… (in no particular order)
- Depth of knowledge in computer science (e.g., a CS degree or extensive experience)
- Experience with the internals of a system (such as an operating system, database, web
- server, etc.)
- Extensive coding experience in test script development
- Desire to participate in a fast-paced and intense startup environment, and commitment to build the testing and automation organization across time.
- Willingness and commitment to work with global teams across time zone and geographies
Sample projects (NOT representative of all our engineering areas)
- Caching infrastructure for API requests
- Data modeling to optimize for performance based on access paths
- Replicating and sharding multiple data storage systems
- Designing APIs and abstractions to expose to the web front-end
- Building servers and clients for data storage and querying