At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Portal, Second Son, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, State of Decay, Dawn Of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Guild Wars 2, EverQuest, World of Warcraft and H1Z1
As an SDET in AGS, you will design and define our QA processes and develop repeatable and automatable QA systems. You will work with Product Managers, QAEs, SDETs, and SDEs on our internal game and AWS technology teams to understand features and technical implementation. You will identify use cases, create test plans, define test strategies, and create qualitative and automated test cases in order to report to stakeholders on the quality and reliability of our products. You will guide SDEs in building the right unit and functional tests, define and measure Quality KPIs, and develop automation to enable Continuous Integration & Continuous Testing on the game client and infrastructure.
In this role, you will:
- Design and implement test harnesses/frameworks as needed.
- Develop functional and integration automated tests.
- Interpret and report testing results and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
- Code review developer unit and functional tests to ensure code and functionality coverage with high value tests.
- Drive and advocate for best engineering quality practices.
- Partner with the SDM of each strike team to ensure features are delivered quickly with quality.
- Identify, investigate, and propose test solutions for game services and technical features.
- Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards and help create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
- Create a testing strategy and test plans for core gameplay components.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field.
- 3+ years of experience as a developer, QA Engineer, SDET or SDE.
- 3 years of software testing experience.
- Experience designing, implementing and running test cases and test automation
- Experience reporting on quality and analyzing test and performance results.
- Ability to write simple programs in Python, C++, C#, Java, or a similar language.
- Ability to understand functional and technical specifications and analyze data and output logs.
- Knowledge of test methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, build systems, and the product development cycle.
- Experience in white and grey box unit, functional and integration testing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience designing and authoring multiplayer tests for PC and console games a plus.
- Strong coding skills in Python, C++, C#, Java, or a similar language.
- Experience creating and expanding automated testing tools and frameworks.
- Experience working in an Agile and Test Driven Development environment.
- Experience with sampling and instrumented performance profiling tools.
- Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.