Experince: 2 – 4 years
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Primary job responsibilities
- Next generation cloud-based distributed build system at large scale
- Build frameworks, tools and solutions
- Work directly with Architecture, Product Managers, Program Managers and stakeholders from clients that integrates with the frameworks and tools
You will be a great fit for this role if you have
- Programming skills in Java, C/C++, Perl, Python
- Strong Linux/Unix systems knowledge
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Hands-on experience with design and development of scalable web services and platforms
- Knowledge and experience in cloud technologies a huge plus
- Knowledge on Big data Environments is a plus (Hadoop etc).
- Working knowledge on any one of these cluster managers: Mesos OR kubernetes OR docker swarm. Mesos is a plus
- Knowledge in GoLang a huge plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- BS in computer science or equivalent