Experience: 7+ years
Role: Software Engineer
Drive best practice, promote agile delivery, and help expose EDM data while creating the best user experience. Also provide technical hands on support, when required.
The role will be responsible for setting the direction, build out, adoption, licensing strategy, proof of concept identification. Work closely with the business and the PMO’s to understand the Enterprise Data Warehouse construct and design the best data model.
BI solution, Architecture and in depth knowledge of Data warehouse concepts.
- Expert in terms of Business communication, Business Analysis and stakeholder management skills Preferred Background
- Collaborate with business / BA’s and interpret their reporting needs and suggest appropriate BI tool. Be able to translate and capture them effectively.
- Provide solution to business with out of the box capabilities as well as customized approach. Be able to bring in front all new features of BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, Active pivot.
- Provide support to Business and Data Analyst(s) in gathering and/or clarifying data and reporting requirements from business owners
- Lead and manage a team of Tableau developers and Senior developers.
- Design and Develop POC’s in accordance with client requirements using Tableau 8.0, Power BI or later with appealing visualizations
- JS and customization would be an additional advantage.
- Install Tableau server and Client Components. Perform other admin tasks such as automate scheduling, migrations across environments etc.
- Identify and troubleshoot business process or data quality issues that show up in the reports and subsequently communicate to resolve and eliminate problems
- Liase with Tableau support if required to get resolution and apply them
Desired Candidate profile
- Hands on Tableau tool as a developer and Admin
- Past experience of leading a team, being SPOC for business
- Ability to guide the team in best practices and complex expressions to calculate, group, filter, parameterize, optimize and format custom dashboards/reports
- Ability to maintain users, permissions, security, use tabcmd, tabadm for performing Admin tasks
- Experience with manual testing to include User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Experience pulling data from Hive, Teradata, Oracle 11g Enterprise edition databases for dashboards/reports
- Experience with cubes and drill down reports
- Strong hold in BI with knowledge of any other BI tool except primary Tableau
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent degree required